The National Academy for State Health Policy examined how Indiana and Alaska leverage their resources and build new partnerships to implement innovative, cross-agency approaches to bolster their health care workforces. These case studies explore:
- Cross-agency coalitions that develop and implement innovative workforce strategies;
- Opportunities to use data to identify and address workforce shortages;
- Strategies to support and promote a non-traditional health care workforce; and
- Options to support education and training for current and future health care workers.
Read or download: Case Study: How Indiana Addresses Its Health Care Workforce Challenges
Read or download: Case Study: How Alaska Addresses Its Health Care Workforce Challenges
- Read State Agencies Partner to Address Health Care Workforce Shortages, which highlights state and federal resources, such as Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act funding, Section 1115 waivers, and federal and state loan repayment programs, that can be used to address workforce challenges.
Review presentations from #NASHPCONF18’s session: May the (Work) Force Be With You.