Sustaining Momentum in Multi-Payer Payment Reform: Transitioning from Design to Implementation
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
1:00 – 2:15 pm ET
View Webinar Here
This webinar explores the leap from health system transformation planning to practice by showcasing four leading states that are designing and implementing multi-payer payment reforms. Through a facilitated discussion, state officials discuss policy levers to shift payment systems away from fee-for-service, offer strategies for sustaining stakeholder momentum and commitment, and share perspectives on promising practices for and operational challenges of turning a plan for multi-payer payment reform into reality.
This webinar is the first in a six-webinar series, supported by Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit, highlighting specific policy and technical issues critical to achieving multi-payer payment reform. It is useful for all states contemplating, designing, or implementing multi-payer payment reforms, particularly SIM Round 2 Model Design applicants.
- Moderator: Anne Gauthier, Senior Program Director, NASHP
- Marcela Myers, Director, Pennsylvania Center for Practice Transformation and Innovation, Pennsylvania Department of Health; Pennsylvania SIM Project Director
- Karen Matsuoka, Director, Health Systems and Infrastructure Administration, Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene; SIM Project Director
- Mark Schaefer, Director, Healthcare Innovation, Connecticut’s Office of the Healthcare Advocate; Connecticut SIM Project Director
- Vatsala Kapur Pathy, Founder, Rootstock Solutions; Colorado SIM Project Director