The National Academy for State Health Policy is hosting a webinar to inform potential applicants of a new learning collaborative for states. NASHP is seeking applications for a new multi-payer medical home learning collaborative supported by The Commonwealth Fund. We will select four states to receive 18 months of individual and group technical assistance to help plan and develop public/private multi-payer medical home initiatives. Additionally, State Innovation Model Design Awardees focusing on multi-payer medical homes will have the opportunity to participate in group technical assistance activities (including webinars and in-person meetings). The request for applications can be found here.
By the end of the 18 months of technical assistance, we expect that states participating in this learning collaborative will achieve the following:
- Agreement on a work plan, guided by a common mission, which outlines the pilot’s purpose and the process of implementation.
- Development of a plan to support ongoing convening activities.
- Identification of pilot scope, including participating payers and target population, providers, and region(s).
- Agreement on qualification standards.
- Agreement on a consistent payment model.
- Agreement on attribution model to assign patients to medical homes.
- Agreement on quality improvement approach to spur and maintain practice transformation.
- Method for identifying and enrolling primary care providers.
- Development of plan for common evaluation.
We will use this webinar time to answer questions about this new opportunity.